Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Research Links Genomic Pathway to Schizophrenia for First Time

That is the title of this article I reviewed today. "'The skin cells of four adults with schizophrenia have provided an unprecedented 'window' into how the disease began while they were still in the womb, according to a paper published in Schizophrenia Research. Related Profile Senior author Michael K. Stachowiak. PhD.  and fellow researchers say the work is a first step toward the design of treatments that could be administered to pregnant mothers at high risk for bearing a child with schizophrenia, potentially preventing the disease before it begins. Obtaining View of Schizophrenia’s Development 'In the last 10 years, genetic investigations into schizophrenia have been plagued by an ever-increasing number of mutations found in patients with the disease,' says Stachowiak, professor of pathology and anatomical sciences.'" This is good for people not getting the disease in the first place.  Although people like me will never find out how and why this disease happened to me.
The article goes on to say: "'We show for the first time that there is, indeed, a common, dysregulated gene pathway at work here,' he says.  The authors gained insight into the early brain pathology of schizophrenia by using skin cells — from four adults with schizophrenia and four adults without the disease — that were reprogrammed back into induced pluripotent stem cells and then into neuronal progenitor cells. 'By studying induced pluripotent stem cells developed from different patients, we recreated the process that takes place during early brain development in utero, thus obtaining an unprecedented view of how this disease develops,' says Stachowiak. 'This work gives us an unprecedented insight into those processes.' Building On Previous Research The research provides what Stachowiak calls proof of concept for the hypothesis he and his colleagues published in 2013. They proposed that a single genomic pathway, called the Integrative Nuclear FGFR1 Signaling (INFS), is a central intersection point for multiple pathways involving more than 100 genes believed to be involved in schizophrenia. 'This research shows that there is a common dysregulated gene program that may be impacting more than 1,000 genes and that the great majority of those genes are targeted by the dysregulated nuclear FGFR1,' Stachowiak says. When even one of the many schizophrenia-linked genes undergoes mutation, by affecting the INFS it throws off the development of the brain as a whole, similar to the way that an entire orchestra can be affected by a musician playing just one wrong note, he says.'" The reason I say I will never find out is because this study is for people who have schizophrenia when they are young mine did not come until I was twenty seven. Although I had it not fully but a little that caused my marriage to fail.  It ruin the lives of two people me and my ex-wife. I loved her but I had to end my marriage because I thought whatever was wrong with me would cause me to her or my stepson my daughter was about to be born. Even though I am doing good now what could I have achieved if this disease would not of affected me.  So are they saying just a little went wrong with me.
The article ends: " Next Step: Growing Cerebral Organoids The next step in the research is to use these induced pluripotent stem cells to further study how the genome becomes dysregulated, allowing the disease to develop. 'We will utilize this strategy to grow cerebral organoids — mini-brains in a sense — to determine how this genomic dysregulation affects early brain development and to test potential preventive or corrective treatments,' he says. UB Collaborates with Icahn School of Medicine'" It's just before I die I would like to know what caused this and yes it did lead to the suicide of my ex-wife because I knew her dreams and what she wanted out of life. By us ending our marriage it killed her dreams and  mine. Some times I get angry and what has happened to me and if my grand kids ever had this disease from me it would kill me. Because this disease was not in my family before me. I am different no matter what circumstance you put me in I will succeed because my mom taught me early how to read and become smarter. I'd go on but I do not tell people how to succeed because I tried that and people told me they do not have the time it takes to make your self better. So I stay away and do what I know.

2 comments:

  1. I find something in herbal medicine good to share on here with anyone suffering from the disease such as HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis or Chronic Lyme Disease, Lupus as well.Dr Itua herbal made cure my HIV and gave me hope that he can cure all types of diseases I believed him) I do the best of myself that I can do, I went for a program in west Africa about fashion on another side I was HIV positive. I walk through a nearby village for our program schedule then I found a signage notice that says Dr Itua Herbal Center then I asked my colleagues what all about this very man called Dr Itua, She told me that he's a herbal doctor and he can cure all kind of disease i walked to him and explain myself to him as I'm a strangler out there he prepared me herbal medicine and told me how to drink it for two weeks, when I get to my hotel room I take a look at it then says a prayer before I drank it not knowing after two weeks I went to test and I found out I was negative I ran to him to pay him more but he refuses and says I should share his works for me around the globe so sick people can see as well. I'm writing a lot about him this season so that is how I was cured by drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine, He's A caring man with godly heart. Well - everything I decided all go through for me well and how you're going to treat this new aspect to your life. You don't have to suffer alone, and it's okay to ask for help. It also doesn't have to be a constant demon, as you'll get to know your body and yourself in a much deeper way than most people. Take advantage of this, as it will help you appreciate Africa Herbal Made.
    Dr Itua Contact Information.
    Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com
    Whatsapp Number....+2348149277967

    ReplyDelete